Wednesday 11 June 2014

A Call to Arms!

Hi guys. Here's a few words from your Abnormal Member for Wargames:

I'm planning on running a Necromunda campaign over the summer.  Exact times and dates are TBC, but chances are it'll be on Saturday afternoons every week or two.  If you're interested, head on over to the SF&F forums where more details can be found and introduce yourself!

Also, while I've taken over organising the current ongoing Mordheim campaign, I don't really know how many other wargamers we have in the society and what games people play.  I know amongst the Mordheim guys there's some interest in Warhammer Fantasy Battles and Warhammer 40k, and I'm aware that there are others in the society who play these games.  I also know we've got people who play other wargames that I know little to nothing about.  I think it'd be awesome if we could try and get more things organised.  Would there be interest in booking out rooms to play games on a regular basis, perhaps run an SF&F league or some-such if there are enough people?  Would anyone be interested in volunteering to run introduction games?  I find that the SF&F forums are a good place to get things organised, and it'd be cool if more people started posting stuff in the wargames section.

For the next academic year I'm planning on running another Mordheim campaign, using the Border Town Burning setting.  I'm likely to be running some intro games to that at the first convention of that term with the campaign proper starting in the following weeks.  If you're interested in Mordheim, which is a skirmish game based in the Warhammer world, feel free to turn up on the Saturdays of Week 9 and 10 and I'll be happy to explain how everything works and run an intro game.  Times and rooms will be in the society email, and more details including pdf copies of the rules and stuff can be found in the wargames section of the SF&F forums (have I mentioned that enough yet?)

Cheers,
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment