Monday 13 October 2014

Wargaming: post-convention update

Hi guys,


First off, thanks to all those who came to convention and played games or expressed interest in wargaming.  I gathered that we've got a fair few Warhammer 40k players.  I know a couple of people were suggesting they'd make use of the SF&F forum to try and organise games, and if there's a time that suits enough people, possibly have a regular gaming evening.  I hope that we can get things rolling in the coming weeks.

Second, I'm going to be starting my Mordheim campaign, using the Border Town Burning setting, on Saturday the 18th.  We'll be in rooms G/001 and G/002.  I'm going to be there from around midday, and will be available to help with warband creation, rules questions and so on in between last minute organisational faff and realising I've not printed enough stuff out.  If things go smoothly, I'm hoping for games to kick off around 2pm, so if you're comfortable you know what you're doing, that'll be the time to aim for.  Rooms are booked till midnight, but we'll probably have finished before then.  Probably...

I was planning on being at Thursday's social, but due to work I won't be available to make it this week.  I should be contactable by email if you've got any questions about the campaign.  Alternatively, post on the forum, as I check there fairly regularly.  If you're intending to play, it'd be great if you could let me know which faction and objective you're going with before Saturday, and again if you'll want to borrow models to use on the day as there is a limit to the amount of stuff I can carry!

All the rule books and stuff you'll need are available from the Mordheim Resources post on the forums.  Having a copy of the rules relevant to your warband to hand, either electronic or print, is useful, especially early on when you're not sure how everything works.  Something to be aware of, is that based on previous games, we've tweaked a few of the rules.  More information on that will be appearing on the forum sometime over the next few days.  Be aware that if you search for 'Mordheim Rulebook' using Google, you'll get results including 'Mordheim - DeDS' and 'Coreheim'.  These aren't the official rulebooks, so please don't use them.

I'll stop typing now.  Keep an eye on the SF&F forums; I'll be posting more stuff there.

Cheers, Dave
(Abnormal Member for Wargaming)

No comments:

Post a Comment